School Ethos and Values
Your child’s learning and development is our most important goal. We aim to ensure that all of our students fulfil their potential, are happy here, and receive an education that will give them the best possible opportunities in life.
By offering a wide range of education pathways, including academic and vocational options and exciting co-curricular activities to all students, we seek to accommodate many and varied talents and aspirations.
This demands the provision of both high quality teaching and high quality opportunities. Through continually improving our own teaching and learning, and simultaneously developing our students’ independent learning skills, we guide young people on their journey to further and higher education or skilled employment.
Our active encouragement of independent thinking, self-reliance and social responsibility helps students grow in confidence and take responsibility for their development as rounded individuals.
Central to our school ethos are our Hall Park Values and our Pledge programme. These initiatives shape our excellent personal development provision, which includes personal, social, health and economic (PSHE) education, assembly programme and co-curricular activities. Further details can be found in the menu on the left.
Code of Conduct
We are committed to high standards in all we do, and expect all students to show respect for all members of the school community, which means:
· Trying to see other people’s points of view
· Communicating calmly and clearly
· Helping to keep the classroom environment a place for positive learning
· Helping to make the school a pleasant environment
· Moving about sensibly and co-operatively
· Remembering that they represent the school whenever in uniform
· Dressing in a manner that will command general respect – ‘making the best of themselves’
· Completing all work to the best of their ability
· Not letting themselves down.