Schools receive extra funding to support students in different circumstances and help them achieve. This is known as the ‘Pupil Premium’. Students who are entitled to Free School Meals and/or who are looked after should benefit from this. At Hall Park Academy we account for this funding to ensure that it is invested effectively to enhance our provision for these students.
Funding is used to support achievement through subsidising the following activities:
· Small group tutoring in English and maths
· Period 6 lessons for targeted subjects
· Assertive mentoring from academy staff
· Targeted intervention programmes, including to support reading
· Student Support Centre
· Subsidises for activities such as music lessons and Duke of Edinburgh provision
· Funding external provision placements
· Subsidising school visits and uniform purchases
· Comprehensive revision programme during Easter holidays
· A programme of co-curricular activities to develop skills in areas such as sports, expressive and performing arts and IT
· Attendance and punctuality monitoring and intervention
A copy of our Pupil Premium statement can be downloaded below.